Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Break! For Spring

As the end of a marvelous spring break comes to an end. I have to say, that I feel very accomplished. I made up my mind before this break even started that my room was going to become clean. Many may ask why my room wasn't already clean and why I was waiting until Spring Break to start. Here is why I waited.

My family built our house back in 03. The original design was calling for three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a game room on the second floor. However, since I was only 8 and my brothers are younger than I am, my parents decided to close the game room and make it a bedroom. I got the second biggest bedroom in the house with the most windows.

After almost 10 years, my room was looking quite small, with all of the furniture and junk that had invaded my room. Since I am moving out in a few months, I thought no better time than to clean my room. I am happy to say that I have successfully cleaned my room in six days.
I have done other things besides clean my room. One of the other things that I have done is go to the money making plant in Fort Worth. It is a free way to learn hands on how our US currency is made. Note, it does not include coins, only paper money. There are many things that are allowed to do while at the Bureau. Usually during spring break there are certain people that come to the Fort Worth and show what they do. One person showed of how to recover money, and another showed how to engrave on metal. It was a true experience.


 The best part of the experience was seeing the stacks and stacks of the money becoming money. The money isn't called money until it goes through the vault at the end of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment