Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The point of reflection

In reference to Mrs. Steven's blog, we deal with reflecting on the different times.

As I look through the mirror of the past, I see the great times and the bad times. But most importantly, I see the learning experiences from being in a classroom. Some experiences include dealing with a misbehaving kid, stormy weather, teaching in front of the classroom, and how to react to different situations.



When I first walked into the classroom, I was intimidated, nervous, and unsure of what to think. As that first year went under way, I began to feel more comfortable and confident about everything. In fact, now that I have completed two full years as a student intern, I am 100% percent sure that I want to be a teacher "when I grow up". Having this opportunity to decide what class I want to take for my intended major is a great way to see if the intended major is worth it for me.

I am now more than ever ready to be a teacher. Here is why. I love being around kids, I always have been bossy, and I feel as if I am really good at this... the teaching of kids. I haven't had a classroom closure quite yet, but I will this next week, because I am going after graduation. My feelings as I left were a bittersweet feeling, only because I will get to see them this next week. I will miss those crazy kids along with Mrs. Trott.




No comments:

Post a Comment