Sunday, January 27, 2013

Second year, First semester

With the new semester on its way, it is time to reflect on the past year and a half. I have been in the Education and Training program under the direction of Mrs. Stevens for the second year in a row, and I absolutely love it. As the year has progressed, we have been assigned to classrooms, in which we learn hands on.

I have gotten the opportunity to be at Grace E. Hardeman Elementary School for these past two years as an intern. I have been fortunate to have Mrs. Trott as my mentor both years. Each year has been an experience in the kindergarten world. Last year, I had a class full of excellent kids that can read their site words pretty well, and this year, they are a little rowdy and have trouble with their site words. This is great experience for me, seeing the different years of behavior.
IMG_0145.jpg
Last year, when I first walked into her classroom, I was nervous, unsure, and excited about what is going to happen. Now that I have been in the classroom, for almost two years, I absolutely love it. It brings me joy to go to the classroom each day. As the next semester makes way to the end of my senior year, I look forward to teaching my kids multiple items and all of the different trials that will come. I am also most looking forward to the adventures of spring and presidents day.



No comments:

Post a Comment